The Union Gospel Mission relocates several times during its early years, starting at 414 Jackson Street, moving to 443 Jackson Street and finally to 235 East 7th Street.

A group of men from a number of St. Paul city churches and the YMCA establish the Union Gospel Mission, organized to be “first, last and all the time a soul-winning society, a haven for shipwrecked souls.” On December 1, 1902, it opens in a rented upstairs hall at 414 Jackson Street. The Mission relocates twice over the next eight years.

Map courtesy of the Minnesota Historical Society.